Register your child
Register your child to join us for the first time, re-join us or notify us of any change of address. This will enable your child to receive a certificate if the programme has been completed successfully. Simply go to our ‘Get Involved’ page.
Your one-stop shop for merchandise
Browse our online catalogue to buy your refereeing, Play on Ref and T-Refz essentials.
What makes Play on Ref and T-Refz special?
This is a unique opportunity for children aged 7-14 to learn how to become a referee. In a fun and safe learning environment they will be taught the basic laws and skills needed; this in turn develops the child’s confidence and self-esteem. With emphasis on Respect, fair play, team work, decision making and other positive behaviours a child will learn skills that will be easily transferable to their everyday life whilst being physically active. This course has been designed to be delivered by PE Teachers, Coaches, Parents, Students and Referee Tutors, anyone may take up our offer of orientation by qualified tutors in order to deliver this course to their registered children.
Our aim is to deliver a fun introduction to refereeing through organisations via the Play on Ref and ‘T-Refz’ Programmes as the first step of the development pathway as a referee. This offers to widen the depth and breadth of knowledge and experience gained by our children and young people through positive behaviours and operating in a range of different formats of football, the experience will hopefully encourage them to continue through a development pathway culminating in The FA Referee Training Course which will enable them to eventually officiate 11 v 11 open age football.
Our key objectives are:
- Introduce refereeing to young people and to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the Laws of Association Football
- Provide quality instruction on refereeing support by appropriate resources to create a fun learning environment to encourage young people to choose refereeing.
- Encourage links, growth and participation by those undertaking sports awards and qualifications
- To teach our programme in line with Key Skills.
We have a wide range of measures in place to ensure the safety of your child.
- Only registered venues will be allowed to hold Play on Ref and T-Refz programme in order for us to maintain standards and security screenings.
- Only registered tutors will be allowed to deliver the Play on Ref and T-Refz programmes – they will have received orientation and screening so that we know that they are safe, responsible and trustworthy.
- We will recommend that each tutor either carries a first aid kit with them or know where the nearest one in the venue can be located. For larger groups, we will ask for a first aid trained person to be present.
Support for additional needs
There’s a range of help available to enable children and volunteers of all abilities to get involved with refereeing, please let us know if this applies to your child as we are committed to make sure this opportunity is open to all.